Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stand your ground.

God is love. If that isn't enough to get you through a lifetime, then I don't think you'll last very long. Lately, I felt like I was almost getting distant with my love affair with my Lord, Jesus Christ until I realized that one day, he might be the only thing I have left. It's very easy to get distracted by the things this crazy world offers and throws at you day to day. But I've learned that you just have to know when to stand your solid ground and stand up and realize that you live for him and not for the things you can posses. Being the always happy person I am I've also realized that sometimes, people are going to make you mad and try to drag you down to where they are, and once again, you have to stand your solid ground, or you might as well go step in sinking sand because when someone is trying to get you down, it doesn't take much for someone to break down. But is it really worth it? Is the getting angry, the getting sad, and the getting upset really worth the sinking that it leads you to? Of course it isn't, so i'm just here to say "Stand your ground, even when the world is bringing you down."




Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2




"Life is rough waters, just be sure you have a stable boat"
-KG

4 comments:

  1. In order for there to be resolution with others, you must have resolution with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I love your blog. It's inspirational and I like hearing your take on everything. The bible verses are awesome, too. Keep writing! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh thanks Lauren. I love doing it, I inspire myself sometimes haha!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. It's pretty entertaining.. It sure distracts me during my accounting classes.

    ReplyDelete