Friday, February 25, 2011

Why can't we be like Peter Pan, never grow up?

Me again! So today, I got the opportunity to schedule my senior year classes the way I wanted..yes, senior year. Man, I feel like yesterday I was a Freshmen freaking out because I had braces, I didn't know how to do my hair, and I wore too much black makeup on my eyes. I can't say I miss any of those things, but I do miss knowing I had so much to look forward to. Time flies doesn't it? Thinking back on my high school experience thus far, I can't really complain. I mean, if I could I would go back and change a lot of the choices I made that I never knew would effect me so much, but then again, I always say, "there's beauty in the breakdown". Which means that there is beauty in the most difficult, unpleasant things, involving those stupid decisions. I still have a whole year to make the best decisions, and these will probably effect my long term life more then anything i'm sure. I really can't wait to see myself in 10 years from now, how much more i'll mature, what kind of job i'll have, if i'll have a family, or if i'm even out of college yet. For I guess for now, I need to keep my head up and keep it that way so I can keep bringing in my future positively, with no regrets and definitely no negativity what-so-ever. When I think about it, I ever want to actually grow up, stop being fun at all times, and just be boring like a lot of older people are. I understand that there is a time to be serious and a time to act like a 12 year old, but many adults forgot a long time ago what it felt like to just act like a child and not mind one bit. I'd really love to always be my smiling, crazy outgoing person, even when I do have kids and a career. Why not have fun? I mean if  I've got to grow up and age and what not, i'm most definitely going to have a blast while doing so.

"A grownup is a child with layers on" (some layers thicker than others, obviously.)

Life is rough waters, just be sure you have a stable boat.
-KG

No comments:

Post a Comment