Thursday, February 3, 2011

Breathe, and just smile.


Life throws a lot of curve balls, sometimes you have the ability to catch them with flying colors, sometimes you just watch them go by and do nothing about it, but mostly, you let them hit you straight in the face. Why I let them hit me in the face? I have not one idea. But i do know that the wonderful bruise they leave you with is one of the most glorious things life can bring to you. Okay, obviously i'm not talking about an actual ball smacking you in the face, but what i'm saying is that life isn't just a rose garden. Some days are a lot harder than others, and sometimes we have many challenges to face. And that bruise can either be a punishment, a lesson learned, or a regret taken from a situation. But regardless of the situation, good or absolutely terrible, we usually don't walk away from it without learning something good, or something about ourself from it. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, although we don't always understand the reason, there is always one if you look hard enough. I've learned that regardless of the day you're having, if you just force a smile on your face, you automatically are in a better mood. I'm usually one that never stops smiling, but trust me, i'm not always happy, i'm pretty good at acting as if I am though. Also, an instant day maker is when your smile brings joy to someone else. I always remember that no matter how bad my day is going, someone else has it way worse than I do and I count my blessings. If counting your blessings can't make you smile, honestly, I don't know what could. I guess what i'm trying to get at is that it's okay to breathe, and just smile every once in a while. Even if you're morally convinced that your life sucks, and amounts to nothing, I promise you that it does and that one day, you'll find your purpose in life. Because that's what God promises right? He has a plan for everyone, no matter who you are, and no matter what you do.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"


Life is rough waters, just be sure you have a stable boat
-KG



No comments:

Post a Comment